An employee in this position is a part of our management team in our local stores. This position is expected to give leadership and guidance to other team members to the assigned store location, through effective decision making, problem solving, communication and customer service skills.
This position is responsible for, but not limited to, leading a qualified team through successful store inspections and audits; recruiting, training and developing essential staff. This position is in constant contact with the public, therefore establishing and maintaining outstanding customer service is vital to this position. Ability to problem solve, multitask, and effectively communicate. The manager is responsible for performance appraisals and disciplinary actions. A person in this position must maintain a level of confidentiality.
- Provide leadership, motivation and guidance to other team members; as management you are a role model
- Confidentiality is a must when dealing with personnel related issues
- Ability to oversee all administrative and store operations while maintaining exemplary customer service; enforce all safety, health and security rules.
- Ensure all categories with in the store are maintained with specific margins; Inventory all stock, re-orders when inventory is needed; complete all relevant paperwork to include dialing and week end reports.
- Follow proper standards for food safety and sanitation
- Provides leadership and guidance to other team members
- Manage cash drawer, accurately balancing drawer. Keep records of in store purchases, sales, authorized payments and merchandise returns while daily reconciling cash receipts; maintain pricing policies for merchandise from local vendors, according to cooperate requirements.
- Answer to any complaints or customer concerns; notify cooperate of any incidents in a timely manner
- Maintain a positive working relationship with vendors and corporate personnel
- Hire, train, and evaluate new team members on policies and procedures; Conduct personnel evaluations of team members; coach team members on methods of improvement; encourage appropriate behaviors
- Administer disciplinary actions to team members, if needed. Discuss action and come up with constructive and appropriate measures to correct behavior; send actions to human resources for file
- Plan and prepare work schedules
- Set realistic and objective goals for team members; coach team members on goal achievements
- Other duties as required
Employees must be detail oriented, have the ability to multitask, be able to work in a fast paced, high driven profession, while staying calm and professional. Employees must have the ability to effectively communicate, exercise good judgement, and keep confidentiality. Position requires employees to stand, climb, lift, push, and pull. Minimum lifting will be 10-20 lbs. A management level position is leadership position.
- Employee must be a U.S Citizen and possess a valid driver’s license
- Employee must be 18 years of age or older
- High School Diploma
- Minimum 3 years management experience
- Knowledge and background in retail, preferably in convenient store operations
- Must have strong computer skills, leadership ability and ability to train staff.
- Associate Degree
Bi-lingual applicants are a plus
This position has the potential to be an on-call position, depending on availability of staff.
Salaried/Bi-weekly pay – 40-45 hrs per week
Insurance benefits, vacation/sick are available to all regular full time employees