Assistant Store Manager - Full Time - Various LocationsRETURN TO ALL POSITIONS
*******APPLICATIONS ARE ACCEPTED ONLINE ONLY*****
ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEW
ONLY SUBMIT ONE APPLICATION, PER DESIRED POSITION
ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER – Various Locations
This position is expected to give leadership and guidance to other team members to the assigned store location, through effective decision making, problem solving, communication and customer service skills. This position will be a backup to the manager of the store.
This position is expected to having a full understanding of the manager position and the ability to serve as back up for the manager in the manager’s absence. This position is in constant contact with the public, therefore establishing and maintaining outstanding customer service is vital to this position. Ability to problem solve, multitask, and effectively communicate. The assistant manager is responsible for training new staff members at the guidance of the store manager, give feedback to the store manager and give feedback to the store manager when necessary. A person in this position must maintain a level of confidentiality.
- Provide leadership, motivation and guidance to other team members;
- Confidentiality is a must when dealing with personnel related issues
- Maintaining exemplary customer service; enforce all safety, health and security rules.
- Ensure all categories with in the store are maintained with specific margins; Inventory all stock, re-orders when inventory is needed; complete all relevant paperwork to include dialing and week end reports.
- Follow proper standards for food safety and sanitation
- Provides leadership and guidance to other team members
- Manage cash drawer, accurately balancing drawer. Keep records of in store purchases, sales, authorized payments and merchandise returns while daily reconciling cash receipts; maintain pricing policies for merchandise from local vendors, according to cooperate requirements; ability to control expenses, order supplies and merchandise; properly merchandise products
- Handle vendors with check-ins, review for correct cost and quantity, complete retail invoices
- Control inventory and cash shortages
- Enter all store reports
- Answer to any complaints or customer concerns; notify cooperate of any incidents in a timely manner
- Maintain a positive working relationship with vendors and corporate personnel
- Train and evaluate new team members on policies and procedures; coach team members on methods of improvement; encourage appropriate behaviors; a person in this position may be asked to hire a new team member, in the absence of the manager
- This position may be responsible for planning and preparing work schedules
- An employee in this position will be expected to be able to complete all customer service representative (store clerk) duties
Qualified applicants must be detail oriented, have the ability to multitask, be able to work in a fast paced, high driven profession, while staying calm and professional. Applicants must have the ability to effectively communicate, exercise good judgement, and keep confidentiality. A management level position is leadership position.
- Applicant must be a U.S Citizen and have a valid driver’s license
- Applicant must be 18 years of age or older
- Ability to pass a drug screen and background investigation
- Minimum 1-2 years management experience
- Knowledge and background in retail, preferably in convenient store operations
- Must have strong computer skills, leadership ability and ability to train staff.
Bi-lingual applicants are a plus
This position has the potential to be an on-call position, depending on availability of staff.
Non – Exempt / Bi-weekly pay – 40-45 hrs per week
Insurance benefits, vacation/sick are available to all regular full time employees